Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Knives

I also love to cook so this is my official announcement that this blog will also chronicle some of my cooking adventures. Today I bought some new knives. I'm super excited! Many cooks say that one of the foundations of a good kitchen is having good knives. I accidentally registered for serrated knives for our wedding. The kind that are supposed to never need sharpening. Yeah, right. Well, I've suffered with them for four years now and finally got fed up last night while trying to mince cilantro. I'm replacing the four knives I use the most and decided to go middle of the price road with Calphalon. I'm still not willing to shell out the big bucks for the Minolo Blahniks of knives. I chopped strawberries tonight and fully expected my new knife to slide through them like butter. I was slightly disappointed. Don't get me wrong. They're way better than my old ones. Anyone know if you're supposed to sharpen brand new knives before you use them?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love that you bought new knives and blogged about it :) No clue if you are supposed to sharpen new knives though. We have Calphalon knives and I haven't sharpened them....let me know if you are supposed to.

A place to share some cards, scrapbooking and other thoughts and interests along the way.